Colombina Di Venezia

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog! :)

Carnival is just around the corner and I wanted to dedicate a blog post for this time of the year. I was inspired by the makeup look that Lady Gaga had in her Superbowl Half Time performance, where she had all the gems around her eyes. However I wanted to depict the shape of a Colombina mask as it is the most prominent symbol of Carnival. 
One thing that I want to point out there is that this is not a hard look to go for, but you need a lot of time and patience! So grab yourself a cup of coffee and put on some music before you attempt this look.



As the base I knew that I wanted my skin to look super glowy, to the point where it is not wearable on a day to day basis. It is Carnival after all and you know I love an intense highlight so I took advantage of that.  I applied the foundation as I usually would and slightly bronzed my skin and then started the highlighter galore. To start off with I applied the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the shade Moonstone on the top of my cheek bones, my nose and above the brow bone. Then to set that highlighter in place I used all the 3 powder highlighters in the Sleek Solstice palette.

Similarly, I applied the same highlighters on my lid and added the Bobbi Brown highlighter in the shade Pink Glow. To add a bit of dimension to my eyes I applied a shimmery pink shade from the Morphe 35F palette in the crease. I do not normally apply shimmery shades in my crease, but you already know the deal with this look, all shimmer and highlight.


For the “mask” I bought some gems from the fabric store and started off by creating the outline that I wanted and continued to fill in the rest of the mask with alternating colours. To stick these gems to my face I used the Esqido Lash glue. It did slightly burn my skin but it was bearable and after a few minutes the burning feeling faded away. It kept the gems on for a long time, enough to last you a whole party. If you are wondering if it was painful to take them off, it wasn’t at all and it did not leave my skin irritated.

All the products used:

Face: Loreal Infallible Foundation, Chanel Soleil De Tan, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone, RCMA no colour powder, Sleek Solstice Highlighters, Bobbi Brown Highlight Powder in Pink Glow.

Eyes: Morphe 35F Palette, Sleek Solstice Highlighting palette, BH cosmetics, brow pomade in Blonde, Too Faced Better than sex mascara

Lips: By Terry Baume De Rose, Bobbi Brown Highlight

As always thank you for reading and I hope this has given you inspiration for Carnival.
Lots of Love
Attaire XxX

Comments

Popular Posts