Current Skincare Routine

Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog :)

We all know that skincare is highly important to maintain a smooth complexion for you to apply your makeup on. From time to time I change my skincare routine, as after some time your skin gets used to the products and they do not give me the full benefits that they initially used to. So I decided to share my updated skin care routine. Just a little disclaimer, what works for me, might not work for you as we all have different skin types, but I hope this helps you if you are a skin care junkie like me!

My morning routine is quite simple, starting off with a cleanser. I had this Michael Todd Honey and Oat cleanser for quite some time, I am at the point where I need to re-order; you can probably tell from the packaging. I love this cleanser because it cleanses the skin without leaving my skin feeling too dry and tight. Then I use the Pixi Glow Tonic Toner to complete the cleansing of the skin. I like this toner, but personally I preferred the Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner, which I will probably go back to.


My next skincare item would be the L’ORÉAL Extraordinary Facial Oil. I have been obsessed with facial oils recently because my skin has been slightly on the drier side this winter. If you have oily skin I would avoid using facial oils throughout the day as you would end up a greasy mess. However, my skin is normal to combination and a drop on each cheek and forehead of this Facial Oil has made my foundation glide on so much smoother! The other two facial oils in the photo below, have been my absolute favourite for the night-time. I love using the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate when my skin has a bit of redness and blemishes, as it tones down the redness of my sensitive skin. The May Lindstrom Youth Dew is quite a splurge I am going to be honest. However, I have fallen in love with this oil when my skin was at its driest.


My last daytime skincare product is the Body Shop Vitamin C Moisturiser. If you want a glowy finish to your skin, then go to your nearest store and pick this up! This has a gel type formula, so if you have extremely dry skin you might not find this moisturising enough. However, because I have a combination type skin this tends to work for me most of the days. It sinks into the skin beautifully, to give you a smooth, hydrated complexion.

Moving on to the night-time routine, I start off using the Nivea Pure and Natural Cleansing Lotion along with the Clarisonic Mia 2. If you would like to know further on the Clarisonic Mia 2, I did a review which you can find in the Skincare Section. Next up I would go in with the Frank Body Lip Scrub. This scrub not only leaves your lips feeling smooth but it also tastes good as it’s all natural! Then I will apply the Lip Balm that comes along with the scrub. As I do in my morning routine, I tone my skin with the Pixi Glow Tonic.


If I have any blemishes I will either spot treat the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion or the Epiduo, which was recommended by my dermatologist, depending on the blemish that I have. I do not use the Drying Lotion on broken skin as it is formulated with various acids and it will not only burn the skin but also increase the redness.



Next up I will choose from my 3 facial oils, depending on how my skin is at that day. To hydrate my under eyes I apply the Clinique All about eyes. Last but not least I will apply the First Aid Ultra Repair Cream as a moisturiser. This also helps with the redness and moisturises my skin.

I know that this might be an overwhelming amount of skincare items, but this is what keeps my skin balanced and blemish free! What are your holy grail skin care items? Let me know in the comments below!


Love Attaire XxX

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts