How to Do a Cut Crease

Hello makeup gurus welcome back to my blog! :)

Makeup trends come and go and at the moment cut-crease is a recent one which has taken over the makeup world for the past few months. To those of you who do not know what a cut-crease is, it the opposite of what I continuously stress about; blending. It is a technique which is used to define the crease by “cutting” it with a contrasting eye shadow colour and little blending.

I honestly do not gravitate towards this look as much, but as always, I do like to go out of my comfort zone once in a while.  I will explain step by step on how to achieve this look. First off start by applying any shade you would like in the crease with a small definer brush, I chose a warm brown shade. The most important thing to do is to blend upwards and not below the crease. With a fluffy blending brush, hold it at about 45 degrees away from the face so that it will buff the product upwards towards the brow.



You can continue to build up the colour to your personal preference and blend upwards. I used a mixture of the Make-Up Studio eye shadow in the shade 31 and Raw sienna from the Modern Renaissance palette. Then I applied Cyprus Umber, from the same palette, closest to my crease to keep the darker shades closer to the crease and blended it very lightly with the lighter brown shades I previously applied.
The next step is to “cut” the crease, by grabbing any flat brush in your collection and with a concealer clean up any shadow that has fallen or blended downwards onto your lid. Then I set it using the RCMA no color powder and topped it off with Tempera and Golden Ochre for a more golden look.
To those who have hooded eyes, you can still achieve this look! Instead of applying the darker shades within the crease, apply them slightly above the crease. Then clean up beneath the crease you have just created.



To finish off the eyes I applied the same brown shades on the lower lash line and highlighted the inner corner using Tempera. I felt like a winged liner would pair up perfectly with this look, so I used the Revlon Colorstay Skinny Liquid Liner to create it.

The rest of the products that I used on my face are listed below:

Face: Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation, Bourjois Bronzing Primer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer, RCMA No-color powder, BH Cosmetics Blushed To Go 4 Colour Blush Palette, Bobbi Brown Highlighter Pink Glow

Eyes: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette, Make-up Studio Eyeshadow 31, Revlon Color Stay Skinny Liquid Liner, Too Faced Better than sex mascara, Essence Long Lasting Eye pencil, Bh Cosmetics Studio Pro Brow Pomade.

Lips: Charlotte Tilbury Pillow talk lip liner, NYX matte lipstick Euro Trash.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s blog post! As always thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tuned for new blog posts, hit the follow button on any of my social media profiles.
Love Attaire XxX

Comments

Popular Posts