Met Gala Inspired Makeup Look | Selena Gomez

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog!

As you all probably know this week the Met Gala took over the Internet by storm, with Heavenly Bodies as its theme. I am no fashion expert but some of the outfits were out of this world. My personal favourite has to be Blake Lively’s gown.


However, you certainly know that I gravitate towards the makeup looks that each celebrity makeup artist has come up with. If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that my favourite makeup looks were those of Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Priyanka Chopra and Taylor Hill. The top two were Selena Gomez and Kim Kardashian; a big applause goes to Hung Vanngo and Mario Dedivanovic. However I decided to go for Selena’s look, just because her lids are packed with glitter; what’s not to like?!


This is more of an editorial look but you can tone it down by applying the glitter only up to the crease and then blending a warm brown crease colour. I started by creating the eye look first because of the glitter fallout.
I started out by using a brow brush to outline the area where I want to apply the glitter using Pretentious eyeshadow from Makeup Geek and the gold shade from the Carli Bybel Palette, and then packed it on the lid. For the glitter I used a mixture of the Tayna Burr Eye Shimmer Pot in Champagne Sparkle along with JLO Face and Body Highlighter. To give a little dimension to the eyes I then used the brown shade in the Carli Bybel palette and lightly lined the lash line and winged it out slightly. She didn’t seem to have any lashes so I simply used Pupa’s Diva Lashes Mascara.


Her skin looked super bronzed and glowy so I mixed the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop with the Kat Von D Lock it Foundation. To bronze I used the Chanel Soleil De Tan and set everything in place using the Wet and Wild Pressed Powder as it doesn’t make my skin look too matte. To bronze further, I used my all-time favourite bronzer, Benefit Hoola. To tie everything together I applied the JLO highlighter on my cheekbones, forehead, in the inner corners of my eyes and on my upper lip.


Finally for the lips, she had a super light nude lipstick, which I didn’t do because those nude shades tend to wash me out. So I applied Buff by Jouer as it has similar undertones but a few shades darker.

That is all for this look; I hope you like this post as much as I enjoyed recreating it! As always thank you so much for reading and if you would like to stay tuned for next week’s post hit the follow button on any of my social media accounts.
Lots of Love,

Attaire XxX

Comments

Popular Posts