Carnival Fever

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hello everyone!

I’m sorry I haven’t been up to date in my writing schedule. But heck, its better late than never. The previous two weeks were exam weeks and the previous was study week, making it a little impossible to write. It feels good to be back on track!

This has to be one of my all time favorite looks. I had so much fun creating this image.  I never wear these type of colors when I go out as it’s a little bit too daring for me. This look was inspired by Carnival since it is next weekend and maybe some of you are still planning what to wear. Personally I prefer going a bit extravaganza in my makeup rather than wearing a costume.

The main eye shadow that I based this look on, is the lime green in the inner corners. It is the Barry M dazzle Dust pigment number 79, Fyi it’s amazing! You can use it both dry and wet, applying it wet will give more of a metallic, bright finish then if it were dry. In the center of the lid I used a turquoise eye shadow and in my outer v I used a dark green one. In a look like this make sure that every time you pack on a color you need to blend with a clean brush. It is better to pack on little by little and blend, rather than packing on too much and then trying to blend everything at once. Another tip with dark colors…do not pack them any higher than your crease. Meaning that while you are packing on the color, keep it below the crease so that when you are blending you will have that gradient effect towards the brow. Ps. It took me about half an hour blending the eye shadows together. Underneath my eyes I used a mix of purple and blue while in the inner corners I used the Dazzle Dust by Barry M. All the eye shadows used were from the BH Cosmetics Day and Night Palette (which I have reviewed a couple of weeks ago). For the wing, I used the Maybelline gel eyeliner and applied it with an angled brush. I gave the eyelashes a few coats of the Lash Sensational Mascara.


For my skin I used the L'Oréal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation and concealed and highlighted other parts of my face using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. Furthermore I slightly contoured my face using the Maybelline Master Sculpt. I wanted to give a slight pop of colour on the cheeks and used the Gosh Natural Blush in the shade 39 Electric Pink. I felt like this look needed an intense amount of a cool tone highlight, so I used the one on the left in the Carli Bybel palette, the icy pink shade.  Of course a nude lip would go with this look and I dabbed a little bit of the L’Oréal Color Riche Serum lipstick in the shade Luminous Amber.



If you are probably wondering about the strange greyish tone of my hair… yes I did spray in a little silver glitter in my hair to put you more into the Carnival Spirit! It didn’t work that well as with one bottle I only managed to spray a quarter of my hair haha.

So that is the finished look! I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I might get some inspiration for your Carnival weekend! As always feel free to comment down below and I would gladly respond :) Also comment on what topics I should discuss since your feedback is mostly appreciated.

See you in my next post XxX

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts