Choosing the right Foundation shade

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hello Lovelies!

In this week’s blog post I decided to focus on the base. Without a perfect base, the look would not be as flawless as you desire.

I think the most common struggle to create a perfect base is to find the perfect match foundation to your skin tone. There are two main types of skin tones, those with the yellow undertone and those with the pink undertone. Most of us living in the Maltese Islands are yellow toned, with a minority having a hint of pink undertone.

When it comes to choosing the shade for your foundation, apply the foundation on the neck, a bit lower than the jaw line. The shade of your foundation should match the color of your neck and not your face. If your face has a slightly different color than your neck, you should still pick the shade that matches your neck. Make sure that you try on the foundation in natural lighting or white light. If you try to apply it in yellow light you will be fooled to think that it matches your skin tone once you blend it in. However as you go out in natural light you will see a big difference.

If after trying on the foundation you are still not sure whether it is the right undertone I would recommend comparing different foundations on a piece of tissue, as it would show up clearer.


If you are at the drugstore and want to buy a good foundation with a yellow undertone, the Revlon Colorstay Foundation and the Maybelline Fit me Foundation are my top picks! The Makeup For Ever foundation (shown in the picture) is not in the same price range as those from the drugstore, but it is definitely worth every penny!


If you would like to know how to get the perfect base regarding foundation, concealer and powder, let me know in the comments below and I would gladly dedicate a whole blog-post to it! :)

Thank you for reading this post, I hope that it was helpful, and I hope you enjoyed it!
Stay tuned for my next post!

Lots of Love
Attaire

XxX

Comments

Popular Posts