Halloween Makeup Look

Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog : )

For this week I decided to dedicate a makeup look for Halloween. It’s that time when children come knocking on the door yelling “trick or treat!” hoping that they get enough candy that will last till Christmas and that they scare you with their costumes. Makeup artist bring out the dark shades and face paint, creating skulls and scary makeup looks, but I stepped away from that.
I wanted to experiment with face paint but I wore face paint for two events and in all honesty I hate the feeling of paint on my skin so I left that off my list, but that is my experience with face paint so you might love it. I started off with no idea in my mind of what I wanted to create and ended up with this. I guess it is a mixture of a fairy, the Snapchat filter with a bit of a twist with the depth of the eye shadow and dark contour.



In this look I went against the one and only rule in the makeup world which is to blend. I created a sharp contour using the darkest shade in the Anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour kit and buffed it out just a little and topped it off with the NYX blush in the shade taupe. I didn’t want any precision when applying the contour and the eye shadow, I wanted it to look more buffed out messily rather than blended.



To match that I applied the NYX blush all around my eyes; from the eyelids, to my lower lash line and the inner corners. However the inner corners I still wanted a bit of a pop and used the second highlight shade from the right in the Carli Bybel palette.



You are probably wondering about the eyebrows and the lips. I started of by creating the outline of my eyebrows with that same highlight shade from the Carli Bybel palette. Then I applied the Esqido lash glue all over my eyebrows and filled them in using a MAC pigment in the shade melon. The lash glue really keeps the eyebrows in place and acts as an adhesive for the pigment.

For the lips I simply applied a Blistex lip balm and went with the same highlight shade and a lighter shade in the center of the lip.

Products used:
Nars Sheer Glow
Milani Conceal and Perfect Foundation
RCMA no color powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit
NYX blush; Taupe
Carli Bybel Palette; Bh Cosmetics
Esqido Lash glue
YSL babydoll mascara

The look is finished, quick and easy! To all those beginners in the makeup world, this might be a look that you want to create as it is not very complex. I hope that you like this look as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Lots of love
Attaire XxX

Comments

Popular Posts