How I store my makeup

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog!

This week’s post is going to be a little different than my usual content on this blog. I get asked quite a lot as to how I store my makeup and last week I did a poll on Instagram which all of you voted that you would like a post solely on makeup storage.


Just a little disclaimer, I am not doing this post to show off the amount of makeup I own. I am sure that there are some of you who actually have more and some who have less and that is completely fine. I personally love makeup to the point that it has become a collection, and I do not mind splurging on a few products. I am doing this post solely to give you an idea of how you can make the best use out of your space.


First of all, I am going to start with the shelves and the drawer. I bought these from IKEA, and if you are from Malta you can shop on IKEA Italy and ship them with Maltashopper. The ones I bought are the classic Alex Drawers and the Lack Shelves. I am sure you recognized them, as almost every youtuber owns these. The reason why I bought this set is because they are very easy to match with the rest of the furniture in my room and they have a perfect size, they are not too small nor too large. I bought the shelves so that it would look prettier, rather than just having everything in the drawer.
The shipping was not expensive at all, just make sure that you unbox everything once it arrives to ensure that nothing is damaged, as I had to send the drawer back because it was dented and one drawer wouldn’t close.


I bought the acrylic cases on the shelves from different stores. The one which is holding the palettes was from Amazon listed as a letter holder, while the bottom two were from the local beauty store and you can also find these from J&B if you live in Malta. The acrylic brush holder is from Zoeva which is the perfect size for the amount of brushes I have.


The grey box on the drawer was from Arkadia Gozo, and if I am not mistaken, there was something similar at “tal-Lira” which abroad is known as the Dollar store. In this box I store my most used products, including foundations, setting sprays, primers, bronzers, blushers, mascaras and a few hair products.


As to how to store makeup in the drawers you do not need to buy any boxes, I simply keep boxes which were as gift sets. The red box, which you see in the first drawer was a Body Shop Gift set and I simply removed the cartons in it. Funnily enough, the brown box was a chocolate box and I removed the wrapping and reused it. I did the same for my sponges, as you can tell from the Body Shop label.


As for palettes, I keep my most used palettes on the top shelve while the rest are in the drawer. I store them vertically rather than one on top of the other as I can find a palette easier. The ones, which do not fit vertically, I simply store them horizontally. The other two drawers are for hair products, makeup cases and brushes, which I use on my clients.


I hope you got a better idea of how you can store your products. If you have any additional questions leave them in the comments below! I hope you enjoyed this week’s post and if you would like to stay tuned for my next post, which by the way is rather exciting, hit the follow button on any of my social media accounts.

Lots of love,

Attaire XxX

Comments

Popular Posts